United Way of the Southern Tier partners with MyFreeTaxes
Jan. 29, 2024:
United Way of the Southern Tier is pleased to announce the launch of this tax season’s MyFreeTaxes.com website to ensure local residents get the refunds they deserve.
For the 14th year, United Way is providing online tax filing software, accessible through MyFreeTaxes.com, to help taxpayers easily and accurately file their taxes from their computer, tablet or smartphone.
MyFreeTaxes® is a free and easy way to file federal and unlimited state tax returns for free. Most filers complete their taxes in less than an hour.
Key features of the online tool:
* Screens for credit and deduction eligibility such as the Earned Income Tax Credit and the Child Tax Credit to ensure filers receive their maximum tax refund, and lets filers check for any missed stimulus payments.
* Shows filers how and why their refund amount is changing in real time.
* Allows individuals to use their mobile phone, tablet or computer to file taxes.
* Offers help from a real person trained by the IRS via the MyFreeTaxes’ Helpline.
* Access to additional financial products and resources, including free access to a student debt management tool to help easily lower payments or find loan forgiveness.
MyFreeTaxes is FREE for all returns and includes schedule C options. A list of the tax forms included in this free offering is available by visiting MyFreeTaxes.com.
Chemung and Steuben county residents seeking in-person help with tax filing should call the 2-1-1 Helpline (dial 2-1-1 or 1-800-346-2211).
For more information, please contact United Way Director of Communications and Community Engagement Lois Wilson by email or at 607-377-5834.