No one loves filing taxes, right? But it’s easier than ever for simple returns if you use MyFreeTaxes.com.
With MyFreeTaxes®, filing your simple returns is free! That means you can file your federal and state returns without spending any money in tax preparation fees. Since 2009, MyFreeTaxes has helped 1.3 million people save $250 million in tax filing fees.
The secure software walks you through the filing process and screens for common tax deductions and credits you may be eligible for, like the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Child Tax Credit. That’s part of United Way of the Southern Tier's effort to make sure you get back every penny possible.
Key features of the online tool include:
- Screens for credit and deduction eligibility such as the Earned Income Tax Credit and the Child Tax Credit to ensure filers receive their maximum tax refund, and lets filers check for any missed stimulus payments.
- Shows filers how and why their refund amount is changing in real time.
- Allows individuals to use their mobile phone, tablet or computer to file taxes.
- Help from a real person trained by the IRS via the MyFreeTaxes’ Helpline.
- Access to additional financial products and resources, including free access to a student debt management tool that will help employees easily lower payments or find loan forgiveness.
MyFreeTaxes is fast. It’s easy. You can do it from anywhere: your phone, tablet or laptop. You can start on one device, and finish on another.
Ready to file? Click here!
Want local, in-person tax help?
Call 2-1-1 (or 1-800-346-2211) and ask what services are available in the community where you live.
Spread the Word About MyFreeTaxes
Download these posters for your workplace, school, church, or neighborhood center.
Poster English Blue
Poster English White
Poster Spanish Blue