United Way of the Southern Tier Online Auction Features Dolly Parton Autograph
April 18, 2023:
United Way of the Southern Tier’s online auction fundraiser features a children’s book autographed by Dolly Parton as well as amazing items donated by local businesses and individuals.
The beautifully illustrated book “Coat of Many Colors,” based on the song written by Parton, tells the story of a young girl in need of a warm winter coat. When her mother sews a coat made of rags, the girl is mocked by classmates for being poor. But Parton’s trademark positivity carries through to the end as the girl realizes that her coat was made with love “in every stitch.”
The book is autographed “Love Dolly Parton 2023” on the inside cover. The starting bid for this autographed keepsake is $50.
Other items up for bid include:
- A premier RV parking spot for the 2023 NASCAR weekend at Watkins Glen International and two tickets to the Jack Daniel's Club.
- Two tickets (food and non-alcoholic beverages included) to the final round of the PGA Championship at Oak Hill Country Club in Rochester.
- A home-cooked, 8-course “Taste of Asia” dinner for six people.
- Gift certificate to the Inns of Aurora Resort & Spa, K. Rae Salon & Spa, and The Skin Bar at AgeLess Spa.
- A Family Fun Package featuring Eldridge Park in Elmira, Harris Hill Amusement Park in Big Flats, and Dippity Do Dahs in Corning.
- Golf packages from Corning Country Club and Elmira Country Club.
- A boat cruise for two on Keuka Lake as well as admission to the Finger Lakes Boating Museum, the Glenn H. Curtiss Museum, the National Soaring Museum, and Wings of Eagles Discovery Center.
- Home and carpet cleaning services courtesy of At Your Service Home & Office Cleaning Solutions and Superclean Carpet Services.
- Wine, art, food, and much more!
Proceeds from the auction will go to programs supporting children, senior citizens, and people in need in Chemung and Steuben counties.
Proceeds from the autographed book and other Dolly Parton items in the auction will support United Way’s chapter of Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library, a free book-gifting program that mails a book each month to enrolled children under age 5 who live in Chemung and Steuben counties. Registration is free and available year-round.
Bids can be placed until 8 p.m. Thursday, May 4, the night of United Way’s Annual Awards Dinner, which will be held at the Corning Museum of Glass. Winning bidders will be able to pick up their items at the end of the dinner or can make arrangements to pick up the items at another time.
For more information, please contact United Way of the Southern Tier Communications Director Lois Wilson by email or at 607-377-5834.