United Way of the Southern Tier offers free online tax filing tool
Jan. 13, 2022:
United Way of the Southern Tier announces the launch of this tax season’s MyFreeTaxes.com site. For the 12th year, United Way is providing online tax filing software, accessible through MyFreeTaxes.com, to help taxpayers easily and accurately file their taxes from their computer or smartphone. MyFreeTaxes® is a free and easy way to file federal and state tax returns for free.
Key features of the online tool include:
- Screens for credit and deduction eligibility such as the Earned Income Tax Credit and the Child Tax Credit to ensure filers receive their maximum tax refund, and lets filers check for any missed stimulus payments.
- Shows filers how and why their refund amount is changing in real time.
- Allows individuals to use their mobile phone, tablet or computer to file taxes.
- Help from a real person trained by the IRS via the MyFreeTaxes’ Helpline.
- Access to additional financial products and resources, including free access to a student debt management tool to help easily lower payments or find loan forgiveness.
MyFreeTaxes is FREE for all returns and includes schedule C options. A list of the tax forms included in this free offering is available by visiting MyFreeTaxes.com.
Southern Tier residents seeking in-person tax filing assistance should call the 211 Helpline (dial 2-1-1 or 1-800-346-2211) and ask about services available in their community.
Media inquiries: Contact Lois Wilson at United Way of the Southern Tier. Email or call 607-377-5834.