United Way sponsors annual Diaper Drive
April 3, 2023:
United Way of the Southern Tier invites the community to help families in need throughout Chemung and Steuben counties by participating in our annual Diaper Drive.
On average, a baby will go through 2,200 diapers in their first year. That’s a lot of diapers, and diapers are not covered by WIC or SNAP benefits.
Families in need can also use other baby items including wipes, formula and food.
Individuals, businesses, schools, and organizations can help fill these needs by collecting the following:
• Diapers (Sizes 4, 5, 6, 7)
• Pull-Ups (Sizes 3T-4T, 4T-5T)
• Overnight Diapers
• Baby Wipes
• New Plastic Sippy Cups
• Baby Formula
• Jarred Baby Food
• Baby Cereal
3 Ways to Help:
1. Purchase items using United Way of the Southern Tier’s Amazon Wishlist. Items will be shipped directly to United Way and distributed in Chemung and Steuben counties.
2. Purchase items anywhere and drop them off between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Friday, April 28 at United Way of the Southern Tier’s drive-thru collection at 88 E. Tioga Ave. in Corning. (Please call United Way at 607-936-3753 to arrange another drop-off time.)
3. Purchase items online from any vendor and have them shipped to:
United Way of the Southern Tier
88 E. Tioga Ave., Suite 102
Corning, NY 14830
The drive ends on Friday, April 28.
For more information, please contact United Way of the Southern Tier Communications Director Lois Wilson at 607-377-5834.