COVID-19: Unity Response Fund awards grants to local nonprofit agencies
The COVID-19 Unity Response Fund has awarded the following grants to local nonprofit agencies:
New grants (September):
The following grants have been awarded to support PPE, cleaning supplies, and operations for programs providing virtual learning space for students in Chemung and Steuben counties:
• Corning Area Youth Center - $5,000
• Salvation Army - Kids Café - $2,500
• Chemung County Child Care Council -$4,500
• Hornell Area Concern for Youth - $5,000
• The ARTS Council of the Southern Finger Lakes - $5,000
New grants (May 15):
• Corning Meals on Wheels: $10,000 for Meals for Seniors.
• Food Bank of the Southern Tier: $30,000 for Personal Care Items to Distribute to Food Pantries.
• Meals on Wheels of Chemung County: $10,000 for Meals for Seniors and Livestock Purchase and Processing.
New grants (May 5):
• Campbell-Savona School District: $10,000 for CommUNITY Cares.
New grants (May 4):
• Salvation Army, Corning: $12,000 for Emergency Assistance to Individuals and Kids Cafe Families.
• Salvation Army, Elmira: $20,000 for Emergency Assistance to Individuals.
• Faith In Action, Steuben County: $4,700 for Support, Recognition and PPE for Volunteers.
• Steuben County Habitat for Humanity: $7,920 for Safety of ReStore Essential Workers.
• Corning Meals on Wheels: $10,700 for Meals for Vulnerable Senior Citizens.
New grants (May 1):
• ARC of Steuben: $17,000 for Essential Staff Emergency Pay.
New grants (April 24):
• AIM Independent Living Center: $15,000 for Safe at Work Emergency Kits.
• Catholic Charities of Chemung & Schuyler Counties: $25,000 for Emergency Services.
• Catholic Charities of Steuben: $25,000 for Turning Point Emergency Services.
• Chemung County Child Care Council, Inc.: $13,636 for Feed the Day Care Children.
• Compeer/Family Services of Chemung County: $17,540 for Mental Health Programming.
• Corning Community Food Pantry: $12,500 for Emergency Food Assistance.
• Family Service Society, Inc.: $15,500 for Emergency Food and Services.
• Neighborhood Transformation Center (Elmira): $3,000 for Emergency Kit Delivery Service.
• Odessa-Montour Central School District: $6,000 for EASE, Extending Aid And Support in an Emergency.
• Pantry of Angels: $900 for commercial refrigerator and freezer purchase.
• Pro Action of Steuben and Yates, Inc.: $24,700 for Senior Nutrition Program.
• Schuyler County Department of Social Services: $11,520 for Homeless Food Program.
• The Arc of Chemung and Schuyler: $15,605 for Essential Workers Health and Safety.
• Twin Tiers Baby Bank: $7,000 for Basic Needs.
Previously announced grants:
• Arbor Housing and Development: $13,450 for Essential Staff Emergency Pay.
• CareFirst NY, Inc.: $25,000 for Mental Health Support for Staff and Community.
• Chemung County Humane Society and SPCA: $4,650 for Pet Food Pantry.
• Economic Opportunity Program, Elmira: $20,400 for Community Adult Meals.
• Food Bank of the Southern Tier: $50,000 for Emergency Response.*
• Home & Health Care Services, Inc.: $6,600 for Support of Frontline Workers.
• Institute for Human Services, Bath: $16,179.04 for Taking Community Connections Mobile.
• Let Elmira Live Inc. (Youth Center): $4,000 for Bridge of Hope Meals.
• Painted Post Food Pantry: $7,500 for Food Assistance.
• Pennsylvania Avenue United Methodist Church Food Cupboard, Elmira: $4,500 for Distribution of Personal Care Items.
• Springwater Wayland EMS: $3,300 for COVID-19 PPE.
• Town of Elmira Fire District #1: $2,470 for Tactical/Woodland Gear for First Responders.
TOTAL AWARDED TO DATE: $505,270.04
* An exception was made to allow Food Bank of the Southern Tier to apply above the $25,000 cap.
United Way of the Southern Tier is a proud partner with the Corning Incorporated Foundation, Triangle Fund (in honor of Amo Houghton), and Community Foundation of Elmira-Corning and the Finger Lakes, in the COVID-19 Unity Response Fund. Learn more about the fund.