United Way of the Southern Tier holds Senior Stocking Stuffers Drive
Nov. 1, 2023:
You can make the winter holidays brighter for local senior citizens by donating items for United Way of the Southern Tier’s annual Senior Stocking Stuffers Drive.
Corning Meals on Wheels and Pro Action Meals on Wheels Senior Nutrition Program are seeking the following items to fill holiday stockings for area residents who receive home-delivered meals:
• Pens & Small Notepads
• Travel-size Toiletries
• Travel-size Hand Sanitizer
• Travel-size Hand Lotion
• Pocket-size Tissue Packs
• Puzzle Books
• Sugar-free Cocoa Packets
• Chapstick/Lip Balm
• Eyeglass Cleaner/Cloths
• Playing Cards & Card Games
The items will be delivered to seniors along with their holiday meals. Items can be purchased locally or through this Amazon wish list.
Items must be dropped off at the following locations no later than Friday, December 8:
• ServU Credit Union, 7215 St. Rt. 54, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday (lobby).
• Subway, 322 W. Washington St., 8 a.m.-9:30 p.m. Monday-Saturday; 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Sunday.
• Pro Action of Steuben & Yates, Inc. Meals on Wheels Senior Nutrition Program, Lakeview Apartments Dining Room, 105 Geneva St., 6 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday-Friday.
• Corning Family YMCA, 127 Center Way, 5:30 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Friday; 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday; 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Sunday.
• Corning Meals on Wheels, 144 Cedar St., 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday-Friday.
• ServU Credit Union, 111 Pine St., 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday (lobby).
• United Way of the Southern Tier, 88 E. Tioga Ave., Suite 102, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
• Hornell Area Family YMCA, 18 Center St., 5:30 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Friday; 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday; 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday.
• ServU Credit Union, 10 Taylor St., 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday (lobby).
• ServU Credit Union, 87 Victory Highway, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday (lobby).
Of note: Meals on Wheels of Chemung County is not participating in the drive this year after having received a generous donation of items from Eaton Corp. Chemung County residents are welcome to contribute to the drive for the other home-delivered meals programs
For more information, please contact United Way Director of Communications and Community Engagement Lois Wilson by email or at 607-377-5834.