- Review a list of New York State-operated vaccination locations. Click here
- Have general questions about the vaccine? Check out these FAQs. Click here
Chemung County COVID-19 Hotline: 607-873-1813
Steuben County COVID-19 Information: Call 2-1-1 or 1-800-346-2211, or text "COVID" to 898-211.
Steuben County Public Health COVID-19 Vaccine Information FAQs: Click here
WHERE CAN I GET TESTED?
Testing for COVID-19 is available throughout New York State. Individuals who have questions about COVID-19 testing should call the New York State COVID-19 Hotline at 1-888-364-3065 or visit the NYSDOH website to find a test site near you.
If you test positive for COVID
Follow these guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control
Call your local health department:
Chemung County: 607-737-2028
Schuyler County: 607-535-8140
Steuben County: 607-664-2438
THANK THE FRONTLINE
Nurses. Doctors. Grocery store employees. Delivery drivers. Warehouse workers. First responders. Truck drivers. Cleaners. There are so many people who are on the frontlines of the COVID-19 outbreak. They continue to help keep our community safe and the world running. To honor and celebrate their ongoing sacrifice, let’s say thank you!
8 Ways to Say Thank You
Volunteer, if you are healthy.
Direct people to call 2-1-1 if they need information about available services. Expert 211 specialists provide real-time information on social services and other resources to those in need. If you know someone who is struggling, or just looking for a source of reliable information, tell them to call 2-1-1 or 1-800-346-2211 or visit their website.
Call Friends & Family
Loneliness is as damaging as smoking 15 cigarettes a day. Even during isolation, modern technology allows us to stay connected. Checking in on friends and family is more than polite right now, it’s essential. And don’t forget elderly neighbors or others living alone.
Take Care of You
If you’re stuck at home, keep busy with hobbies, try out arts and crafts, pick up an old musical instrument, organize family game nights, and step outside for fresh air and exercise. You can’t take care of others unless you take care of yourself.
• Family Service Society in Corning is offering free short-term counseling by phone. Just call 607-962-3148.
• Family Services of Chemung County is offering free, short-term counseling by phone and by internet. Call to schedule an appointment: 607-733-5696.
• Regional substance abuse resources: Substance Abuse Regional Alliance, SARA Partners.
• Regional suicide prevention resources: Walk A Mile in My Shoes.
• Chemung County Network of Care offers resources, links, articles, fact sheets and reports on behavioral health.
New York State Resources
• Call the New York State Parent Helpline at 1-800-CHILDREN (244-5373) to be connected with local services.
• New York State Emotional Support: 1-844-863-9314
• New York State Department of Health: 1-888-364-3065
• Headspace: New York State has partnered with Headspace to offer New Yorkers much-needed free meditation and mindfulness content as a mental health resource. Check it out.
Help for Anyone Facing Domestic Violence
Please call and talk with someone if you are experiencing domestic violence, sexual violence or assault. Call 911 for an emergency.
• New York State Domestic Violence: 1-800-942-6906
• Chemung County Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-607-732-1979
• Schuyler County Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-607-742-9629
• Steuben County Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-286-3407
• Yates County Sexual & Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-247-7273
• Sexual Violence/Assault Hotline: 1-888-810-0093
United Way of the Southern Tier provides grants to eight programs offering supervised distance learning spaces for school-age children in Chemung and Steuben counties. Read more
United Way of the Southern Tier’s awards emergency grants to local programs serving our most vulnerable populations during the COVID-19 pandemic. Read more