United Way of the Southern Tier partners with SingleCare (formerly FamilyWize) to provide access to affordable prescription medications in order to ensure greater health and financial stability to residents of Chemung and Steuben counties.
THE SINGLECARE (or FAMILYWIZE) PRESCRIPTION SAVINGS CARD:
• Is free for everyone – it’s like a coupon that you can use as often as you want.
• Reduces cost – just show the card every time to get the lowest prices, whether it be SingleCare, insurance or retail price.
• Is easy to use with no registration or eligibility requirements.
• Covers FDA approved prescription medications.
• Saves an average of 45% on prescriptions.
• Accepted at major chain pharmacies nationwide.
HOW DO I GET A CARD?
• Download a card here
• Download the SingleCare app from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
DRUG PRICE LOOKUP TOOL
• You are able to see the SingleCare price of your prescription(s) by either going to singlecare.com or by downloading the free app. Simply enter your drug name, dosage and Zip code to find the lowest price within a 10-mile radius.
HOW IT WORKS
SingleCare negotiates fair drug prices directly with major pharmacies like CVS, Walmart, and Walgreens, and passes the savings onto you, free of charge.
To start saving with SingleCare, just show the SingleCare or FamilyWize savings card to your local pharmacist whenever you fill a prescription at a participating pharmacy. The discount will be automatically applied to the retail price of the drug. If you already have a FamilyWize savings card, you don't need a new card.
You can use the card as often as you want. Cards do not expire. Cards may also be used for family members’ prescriptions and shared with friends.